Your 3 Day Blinds Blogger was recently interviewed about how to choose the right window treatments for your home. Below is the article:
After working with window treatments for 20 years, Karin Miller, SVP, Merchandising and Product Development for 3 Day Blinds, is an expert on how to frame windows with the newest fashions, affordably. There are so many tips a homeowner needs to know before making a decision. Beauty on a budget can go hand in hand with lasting quality, if you know where to shop and what to buy.
- Should I buy window treatments custom-made or off-the-shelf? In today’s economy, homeowners want the best bang for their buck. But price tags don’t always tell the whole story. “Custom window treatments are made to your exact specifications, from a virtually unlimited array of material and option choices,” Karin explains. “Because they fit your windows perfectly, they are both beautiful and functional, unlike blinds from discount retailers that sell ready-made products that won’t provide a custom fit.”
- Where to buy? From home improvement centers to department stores, websites to catalogs, there are many interior design sources offering window treatment options. But when a consumer wants to combine quality and value, working with knowledgeable expert backed by a reputable manufacturer is key. “There is tremendous peace-of-mind in knowing you’re working with a product expert with solid training and real world experience,” Karin says. “At 3 Day Blinds, our Design Consultants can recommend the best product for each application, provide guaranteed measurements and a give you a custom quote on the spot. We control the manufacturing and provide a Limited Lifetime Warranty.”
- How do I choose? Wondering which treatments to choose? Shutters, Honeycomb Shades and Blinds, Sheer Shadings, Wood Blinds, Faux Wood Blinds, Woven Wood Shades, Vertical Blinds, Roller Shades, Roman Shades, and Mini Blinds are just a few of the popular window treatments in demand, today. “Each treatment style provides a special look and feel to a room,” Karin continues. “That’s why my favorite tip for homeowners is to view samples of window treatments in the light of their own home. Room lighting and light from outdoors will transform colors, fabrics and textures in unexpected ways. So always evaluate window treatments in your home before you buy!”
- How can I get my new custom window treatments fast? Every homeowner wants style and quality, but most also need their window treatments yesterday. So how can consumers get the personal service and products they want in a reasonable time frame? “The key is to buy from a supplier that controls manufacturing,” Karin continues. “If they put your product into production the day after the order is placed and have a reputation for quick, professional installation, you’ve got it made! At 3 Day Blinds, a custom-made blind or shade that is ordered on Monday can be delivered on Wednesday and installed in your windows on Thursday. We’re the fastest in the industry and you can choose from over 1000 products.”
- Is there a window treatment that provides both light control and good insulation? If your room requires both light control and good insulation, there is a brand new window treatment option. “With their cellular construction, Flexcell Honeycomb Blinds combine the superior, energy-saving insulation of a Honeycomb Shade,” says Karin. “However, the cells are designed to collapse to form vanes that provide the light control of a horizontal blind. When the blind is raised, you enjoy an unobstructed view. Flexcell Honeycomb Blinds are fashionable and will complement any décor.
- What about privacy? Privacy is an important factor for almost everyone. “All window treatments provide some privacy and some of ours are available with options which will provide added privacy,” Karin states. “Look for shades that offer a top down bottom up option, maintaining privacy below while allowing the light to shine in above, choose a Light-less® feature on a horizontal blind or add a lining behind shades made from your favorite fabric or material.”
- How can I preserve my view? If you love your view, window treatments should frame nature’s wonders or fabulous cityscapes without detracting from the vista. “If maintaining your view when your window treatment is open is an important consideration, here’s a tip,” Karin states. “Choose a window treatment that stacks tightly when opened, or an outside mount that is large enough for the product to stack above or to the side of your window. Maximizing your connection with the outdoor environment almost always can be achieved.”
Your local 3 Day Blinds Design Consultant is an expert in all of the above considerations – and more! Call us at 877-614-3329 to schedule your free in-home design consultation. Same-day appointments are usually available.