Choosing the right window treatment is an emotional decision as well as a financial investment. You thought long and hard before making your selection. Now that you have those perfect drapes, shutters, blinds, or shades in your home, its time to read up on how to maintain the beauty of your custom window treatments for years to come. Learn how to clean your blinds, shades, and drapes.
Window treatments are more than just for decoration. By caring for your window treatments, they will not only look better, they will help you prevent health problems and protect your belongings. Did you know that window treatments help protect your furniture, flooring, and accessories from damage caused by sunlight? Without the proper care, dust and dirt can build up causing allergies and respiratory issues. By regularly cleaning your window treatments, you can cut down on household allergens and extend the life of your investment. Follow these steps to maintain the beauty of your custom 3 Day Blinds window treatments for years to come.
3 Day Blinds Care & Cleaning
• Dust regularly with lambswool or feather duster.
• Carefully vacuum periodically with the brush attachment.
How to Clean Blinds
There are several types of blinds and many of them require different procedures for cleaning. Find out how to clean your blinds by the types listed below.
Horizontal Metal, Wood and Faux Wood Blinds
• Use wood dusting spray and wipe dry.
• Rub with a dryer sheet to slow down dust collection.
Honeycomb blinds, Sheer Vertical Blinds & Flexcell Honeycomb Blinds
• Use a hair dryer on the COOL or WARM setting to blow dust out of the channels.
• Wash vertical fabric casings on Sheer Vertical Blinds in the washing machine on the gentle cycle and immediately re-hang on the window treatment with towel beneath.
• Do not place in dryer.
• Always spot test a non-prominent small area first for Flexcell Honeycomb Blinds and Sheer Vertical Blinds.
• Clean with damp cloth and mild detergent for Honeycomb Blinds and Sheet Vertical Blinds.
How to Clean Shades
Many shades can be cleaned similar to the cleaning methods listed for blinds. Follow these cleaning procedures for your honeycomb and horizontal sheer shades.
Honeycomb & Horizontal Sheer Shades
• Use a hair dryer on the COOL or WARM setting to blow dust out of the channels of your shades.
• Always spot test a non -prominent small area first.
• Clean with damp cloth and mild detergent.
• Do not place in dryer.
How to Clean Curtains & Drapes:
• Dry clean only.
Don’t overlook your window treatments when cleaning your home. Our window treatments are made to last. Make your 3 Day Blinds window treatments look new again with the proper care and upkeep.
For more cleaning tips, visit 3dayblinds.com