A few weeks ago, Kevin Rabbitt, CEO and Scott Pickard, SVP, Sales announced the 40 recipients of the President’s Club Award at 3 Day Blinds. Last night, our Circle of Excellence recipients rolled into town for a celebration dinner and a breakfast meeting with our Board of Directors.
These men and women are our Top 10 Design Consultants at 3 Day Blinds for 2010, meaning that they have been the most successful at finding the right window coverings solutions for their clients and building their businesses and reputations in their regions.
Pictured above - Back Row: Helane Kramer, Los Angeles; Jeffry Wynne-Prince, Sacramento; Eric Horan, Colorado; Cherie Pilkington, Northern California; Cindy Julia, Santa Monica; Ray Soltani, Long Beach - Front Row: Tami Ongaro, San Rafael, CA; Corinne Mar, San Mateo; Angela Helton, Ventura. Missing from the photo is Cynthia Atkinson of Orland Park, IL, who unfortunately experienced flight delays.
Our Board of Directors, an impressive team which includes our investors, and hand-selected top-of-their game business people with broad and successful backgrounds in starting, running, improving and selling corporations and other businesses, were very excited to meet our top producers.
In fact one board member commented afterwards, that meeting with the Circle of Excellence group was, ” the most productive 45 minutes I have ever spent in a 3 Day Blinds board meeting.” And all of us in senior management always thought we put on a pretty good show for them!
It was exciting to hear or Design Consultants share their experiences and expertise. Although they all have different working styles, the common denominator was that they all strive to build trust and credibilty with their clients, provide the right product solution, and then make sure that the experience of completing their window treatments project is trouble-free. Other important keys to their success were repeat customers and referrals from their existing cusomer base.
Some of our top designers have worked for 3 Day Blinds for more than a decade, while others have less than a year with us. Many have extensive window treatments or interior design backgrounds. All were excited to hear about the direction in which 3 Day Blinds is headed, but they also shared many great ideas on how we can improve.
This special time together highlighted for all of us, how extraordinarily talented and passionate our Design Consultants are. Here are some things that I was reminded of when I listened to them make their presentations:
- They’re reliable: One of our core values at 3 Day Blinds is “Integrity: We keep our commitments, large and small.” In this case, it means being well-prepared, and on time for the free in-home design consultation they provide their clients.
- They’re extremely likeable and confident: It takes time to get to get to know a client and understand their needs. Our Designers love people, their work and the products they sell, plus they’re are proud of the superior service they know they will provide, so building rapport and trust comes naturally.
- They’re highly creative and technical: Most of us are one or the other, but they are both. As experts in the 1000+ products we carry, they know how to guide our clients to the right solution for their style, functional needs and budget. This means knowing how to work with a color scheme or confidently mix patterns, as well as explaining how the gears in the headrail work or how the bracket will mount in the window frame.
- They’re precise: Accurately measuring windows to the nearest 1/8″ for custom blinds, shades and shutters requires attention to detail and knowledge of how to measure for each specific product and window type. Since measuring windows is tricky and time consuming, and our custom-made products are guaranteed to fit in the window, this is a big value-add.
- They’re fast, but thorough: 3 Day Blinds Designers bring a laptop and printer and provide a written quote to their client during the first appointment. They place the order, arrange for professional installation, and follow up to make sure that their clients are delighted with their new window coverings. And yes, very often the clients’ new window treatments are installed within 3 days!
All of us listened closely and took good notes!
Afterwards, the Circle of Excellence recipients took off for Disneyland, while the rest of us began the business review. I think we all felt energized by our encounter with this terrific group of professionals, and meeting them motivated us, because our sole focus is supporting them and making them successful.
Are you lucky enough to live near one of our Circle of Excellence Designers? If so, click on their name above and you can contact them directly to set up a free appointment. If not, we will find a Design Consultant in your neighborhood who has all of the same qualities and qualifications – just call us at 877-614-3329 to schedule your free in-home design consultation.