National Lipstick Day – July 29, 2014
If you think national lipstick day and window treatments have nothing in common… Well, we don’t blame you, but it turns out there really is no difference between beautifying your home and beautifying yourself.
What does National Lipstick Day + Custom Window Treatments Have in Common?
Source: Glamour.com, 3 Day Blinds
- Color- When color trends emerge they aren’t confined to the runway but translate across all industries, from cosmetics to home decor.
Source: Instyle, 3 Day Blinds
- Elevate a look- Every woman knows that the moment she slaps on a bold lip color her look just went from drab to fab. The same truth applies when decorating with patterned drapes in a bold color. It can be the perfect eye catching element that will turn heads.
Source: In style, 3 Day Blinds
- Appearance- Your lipstick and your window treatments define you. Okay, well maybe that is a bit extreme. In all seriousness, people are always forming opinions based off appearance, including appearance of your home. If you’re looking to convey a sophisticated and classy look, wear a deep red shade of lip stick or furnish your windows with sleek Roller Shades.
- Neutrals- In interior design and really all avenues of fashion, the rule of thumb is you can’t go wrong with neutrals. From rich beige’s, to warm grays and everything in between, neutrals pair well with all colors and styles and are a staple in the cosmetic and home decor industry.
Now that there is a clear parallel between national lipstick day and window treatments, get yourself a new lip color and some 3 Day Blinds window treatments while you’re at it.
P.S. If national lipstick day is a real holiday, I think it’s time to add national window treatments day to the list!
Follow these quick 4 steps on how to Clean Blinds, Shades, Shutters and Curtains?
While spring cleaning only comes once a year, to maintain the beauty of your window treatments for years to come you should dust and vacuum periodically. Adding an extra step to your cleaning routine can preserve your window treatments and avoid irreversible damage to the fabric or material.
2) Cleaning Tips for Blinds
Horizontal Metal, Wood and Faux Wood Blinds should be cleaned with a wood dust spray like, Pledge® Dust & Allergen furniture spray and wiped dry. To finish off, rub blinds with a dryer sheet to slow down dust collection.
3) Cleaning Tips for Shades, Honeycomb and Vertical Blinds
If you are looking to clean Honeycomb Shades, Flexcell Honeycomb Blinds, Horizontal Sheer Shades and Vertical Blinds use a hair dryer on cool or warm temperature to blow dust out of the channels. For Vertical Blinds, wash vertical fabric casing on Sheer Vertical Blinds in the washing machine on the gentle cycle and immediately re-hand on the window treatment with a towel beneath. Warning, do not let vertical case sit in washing machine to wrinkle and do not put case in dryer, the heat will destroy the case. Clean the fabric of these window treatments with a damp cloth and mild detergent and leave to air dry.
4) Cleaning Tips for Curtains and Drapes:
3 Day Blinds recommends taking your Curtains and Drapes to the dry cleaners to ensure the different fabrics are treated as needed. Keep in mind that frequent dusting and occasional vacuuming is a great way to keep your curtains clean year round.
5) Cleaning Tips for Shutters
Shutters are actually one of the easiest window treatments to clean and maintain. In addition to dusting every few weeks, the best way to clean Shutters is with your wood cleaning spray and a soft cloth.