February 3rd marks the Chinese New Year, and according to the Chinese Zodiac, this is the Year of the Rabbit.
Our board of directors is looking pretty smart! In April of 2010 they named Kevin Rabbitt the new CEO of 3 Day Blinds, so 2011 will be Kevin’s first full year as our president. And we are not referring just to his last name… we can also reference the incredible progress we have made as a company under his leadership.
According to an interesting article by Rhonda Abrams of USA Today, in the Chinese Zodiac, each year is associated with one of twelve animals, and each animal brings different influences that are said to affect the entire 12 month period. Each year, over a billion people around the world celebrate Chinese New Year.
This is a list of what Ms. Abrams reports we can expect in The Year of the Rabbit, and how we think these themes relate to our business at 3 Day Blinds:
- At first, our 2011 sales forecast looked impossibly aggressive… but if January is a good indication, like rabbits, we’re on track to jump ahead of the goals we set and take 3 Day Blinds to new sales levels. Greg Bibas, SVP, Marketing is leading the charge to find more customers through better marketing.
- Jeff Miller, our VP of Client Care surveys every customer, and they are already giving us outstanding ratings in our ability to suggest great products, provide fast service and professional installation – but our goal is to continue to improve these scores.
- We have 12 fantastic District Sales Managers, and through the friendly competition that is facilitated by their leader, Scott Pickard, SVP of Sales, they are ALL reaching new levels, and determined to be the best!
- Our plans for product development are ambitious also. Together, Frank Gutierrez, SVP, Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Karin Miller, SVP, Merchandising (your blogger) have lots of great new blinds, shades and shutters in the pipeline to add to our already great assortment of window treatments.
- Scott Hurtik, VP, Information Technology and his team have a long list of ambitious projects to help facilitate better client care, clearer supplier communications, superior reporting and more efficient manufacturing.
- Tikie Holewski, SVP, Human Resources and her team are aggressively recruiting new Design Consultants to meet our ambitious sales forecast (click here to see current opportunities).
- Carrie Galvin, SVP, Business Development is looking at new ways to grow our business and delight even more customers. She has a ton of good ideas and is working on identifying the best opportunities.
- Again, Kevin was ahead of the curve, because one of his goals when he joined the company was to improve communications, both internally and externally.
- Our Client Care Team has reached out to ALL of our former customers by telephone in the last 6 months to make sure that they were still satisfied with our products and service.
- Through Kevin’s Town Hall meetings, employees are well-informed about company goals and how their role fits into the big picture.
- Our Supply Chain Team has made great improvements in our communications with our valued vendors from around the world, who provide us with materials and components.
- We started the 3 Day Blinds Blog to facilitate faster and more personal communication to our customers and employees.
- We’ve proven we can endure. Sadly, many in our industry have not weathered the current economic downturn, and we at 3 Day Blinds have had to make some changes and sacrifices in order to become more efficient. Thankfully, these changes have made us stronger; we are now thriving, and are grateful for our success, but we never take it for granted. Every day is a new day to do our best to satisfy our customers!
Luck & Money Made Easily
- Our custom blinds, shades and shutters have such great quality and style, sometimes we get lucky and they practically sell themselves. But the truth is, most of our customers need the expertise of our Design Consultants (provided in the client’s home, free-of-charge) to help them choose the best window treatments for their specific needs and budget. It typically takes 1-2 hours to select the products, take accurate measurements, provide a quote and arrange for professional installation of the window coverings. Then, everyone at the factory hustles to get the product made, through quality control and out the door the next day. Hardly like winning the lottery, but fortunately we love our work. So, we’ll definitely take any luck and easy money we can get, but we’re a bit skeptical about this one, and we’re certainly not counting on it!
So, if your New Year’s resolution is to finally cover those naked windows, or replace those tattered curtains, call us at 877-614-3329 to schedule your free in-home design consultation. We promise that “You’ll Love The Treatment”!
In conclusion, we at 3 Day Blinds, we would like to wish everyone who reads this GOOD LUCK and PROSPERITY in The Year of the Rabbit!